[devtalk] easyphp - now I have a genuine problem

David Precious davidp at preshweb.co.uk
Fri Oct 12 16:48:33 BST 2012

[starting a new thread for this new topic rather than just hitting
reply to another mail would have been better]

On Wed, 10 Oct 2012
19:19:06 +0100 joseph <joseph-harris at topmail.co.uk> wrote:

> Easy php has been telling me it can't get hash data from the web. I
> can't open anything. Couple of weeks ago it was working ok, and I
> used mysqladmin. The only advice is to uninstall and reload, which I
> have done. Now I can't even open administration. This is on Windows 7
> 64. And the browser won't take me to root [127.0.0.1].

"Hash data"?  Eh?

> Is this an obvious problem; is it one with a solution? I see nothing
> about touching the config file. And now, if I clike right or left a
> second symbol comes up and flashes with no apparent message.

My only suggestion, which is unlikely to actually be helpful to you, is
to run a real operating system and just install Apache, PHP and MySQL
there.  It's pretty easy to dual-boot Linux, or run it within a virtual
machine, or whack it on an old spare box to act as a development server.

I do realise that's akin to answering "how do I fix $problem with my
Fiesta" with "why are you driving one of them, they suck, get a
Ferrari" though :)

--
David Precious ("bigpresh") <davidp at preshweb.co.uk>
http://www.preshweb.co.uk/     www.preshweb.co.uk/twitter