[devtalk] who deals with spam complaints

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk
Mon Mar 1 13:06:21 GMT 2010

Quoting joseph harris <joseph-harris at topmail.co.uk>:
> Matt,
>
> Thanks for the response.
>
> That makes sense; the stream seems to have been dammed. Pity their
> stock answer didn't say they were dealing with it.
>
> I am surprised they didn't pick up early on the long list of names
> which, I presume, were set up automatically. Saw one similar SPAM
> from another server, and that looks to have been stopped fast.
>
> I think SPAM itself has been made illegal - or at least unlawful
> [i.e. civil law] - but I wasn't after getting busy ;-).

SPAM To individuals is illegal, SPAM to companies (as far as I am
aware) is still legal although it is frowned upon.  As always, I am
not a lawyer and take no responsibility if your cat/dog/rabbit
spontaneously combusts* whilst following my advice etc... :o)

> Long time, no hear. Hope all is going well with you.

Yeah, things are good, still lurking on both lists, often too busy to
join in the conversations that I'd like to!

M.

* And that includes any instructions that may involve small family
pets and fireworks... ;o)

--
Matthew Macdonald-Wallace
matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk