[devtalk] timed content php

joseph harris joseph-harris at topmail.co.uk
Fri Feb 26 11:12:38 GMT 2010

Thanks Dave,

And first apologies to all who found a postbag full of copies of my last post!

You will have noted my last act in locking myself out and ending with no visible presence for the site! Having spent some time going through wp files to see where the change can be corrected I have decided to delete and restart.

I am at an early enough stage for that to be easier than spending more time. I can see the definitions that need changing back [siteur1 in the lwp address, and home for blog address].

Though I have it also on my own machine, it is set up slightly differently [as you suggest in fact]  and I did not actually test what I was doing! On the host I used the automatic insertion for the script; this time I'll do it manually to the latest wp [2.9.2 instead of 2.8.2!].

This means I can put the wp main folder to root. Though I'll think a bit more whether I want that.

But I am recapturing a sense of knowing what I am doing ;-).

Joseph

From: "David Precious"