[devtalk] Mysterious gremlins!

Peter MacGregor peter at ranworth.co.uk
Mon Oct 26 13:08:38 GMT 2009

There's no code as such, Riva. I just provided the space (blank page
named 'newsletter' that is overwritten each week) for her to upload a
page written in Word and saved as a web page. We're dealing here with a
non-technical person who didn't even use a PC until about three years
ago and still only uses it at work - no home machine! So, the setup had
to be very straightforward!

The finished result doesn't look exactly as the printed copy (when it
works!!) as the web page doesn't accept some of the fancy boxes and
borders on the printed version. However, the aim is simply to let people
have the chance to check what's going on in the Parish week by week.
It's interesting the correspondence we get from people that have moved
away but still keep in touch and also in the summer months and at
Christmas emails come in saying how nice it is to be able to check the
times of services and if there's anything else happening.

I checked everything I could think of. I'm going to have some lunch now
and have another go this afternoon. Any other questions, please ask.

Peter