[devtalk] ASP help

Portman mrport at roadrunner.com
Mon Oct 26 12:56:20 GMT 2009

Hi all,

Does anyone out there know ASP? I don't know it (been giving myself a
crash course) and am trying to help someone fix a problem on their
website. The main problem is that the page is supposed to check, when
someone signs up for a newsletter, if they are already in the database.
If not, it adds them to the database. The code is rejecting every email
address, saying that it is already in the database.

This website was attacked repeatedly by SQL injection attacks and I
tried my best to prevent that from the little that I have learned. Now
the newsletter emails are being rejected (out of the blue) and I have no
idea why or how to go around it. I don't want to use JavaScript because
the attacks get through that. Any ideas would be REALLY appreciated.

TIA,
Riva