[devtalk] ssi virtual - site check please

joseph harris joseph-harris at topmail.co.uk
Sat Oct 3 17:40:16 BST 2009

From: "David Precious"
> joseph harris wrote:
>> Thanks, Patrick. Part of my trouble was wanting to use the same text
>> file for all folders, or rather the same SSI instruction. I've set up
>> a second text  file for all sub folders since they need a different
>> src.
>
> Why? Assuming they're all trying to call the same image, why do you need
> two separate files?

What I seem to face is this:
SSI calls text file
shmtl in main folder calls image in text file from sub-folder
shtml in sub folder calls image from sister folder.

Using EasyPHP and testing in html-kit I could not find a common format.

main folder text has SRC="images/pound_page_head3.gif" called by <!--#include virtual="sitepagehead.txt"-->

subfolder text has src="../images/pound_page_head3.gif" called by <!--#include virtual="../sitepageheadotherfolders.txt"--> [text file is in main folder]

Nothing else worked. [I had previously left images and other things in main folder and repeated ghem where needed, but this will be a large site eventually, and I am partly working to prepare for PHP. Templates had been folder-sensitive - the design is cannibalised from an earlier domain.]

Joseph Harris  -  Debt Control Man
author: Control Your Debt Crisis on Your Own Terms
blog: http://debtcontrolman.wordpress.com
http://www.controlyourdebtcrisis.co.uk
debt dictionary: http://www.controlyourdebtcrisis.co.uk/debtwiki/