[devtalk] site check please [oi dev talk and social list]

joseph harris joseph-harris at topmail.co.uk
Fri Oct 2 15:17:39 BST 2009

From: "David Precious"
> On Friday 02 October 2009 08:28:08 joseph harris wrote:
>> Anyone understand Opera - or does it matter enough? [I would have thought
>> SSI was still major enough for all browsers to be aware. All except the
>> foot is in tables and other SSI are picked up, so that can't be Opera's
>> problem!]
>
> No browser understands SSI - the hint is in the name, Server-Side Includes.
> The server (i.e. Apache) processes the SSI directives, then sends the result
> to the browser.  The browser has no idea what steps were involved in getting
> the resulting HTML for it to render.  Think of it in much the same way as PHP
> or any other server-side language - the browser just receives the resulting
> HTML.  (View source on your page and you'll see that.)
>
> Cheers
>
> Dave P

Aye. I'm dozing off again, clearly.

Then, any ideas why the contents these two side cells defeats Opera? IE and Ff do it in their own sweet ways. Opera is happy with all the other tables and cells.

I tell 'e zur, Oi'd scratch my head, but Oi'd get splinters.

Joseph

Joseph Harris  -  Debt Control Man
author: Control Your Debt Crisis on Your Own Terms
blog: http://debtcontrolman.wordpress.com
http://www.controlyourdebtcrisis.co.uk
debt dictionary: http://www.controlyourdebtcrisis.co.uk/debtwiki/