[devtalk] site check please [oi dev talk and social list]

joseph harris joseph-harris at topmail.co.uk
Fri Oct 2 08:28:08 BST 2009

From: "PatrickG"
> joseph harris wrote:
>> I am getting round t o a long overdue improvement to my site. It is in shtml, SSI and some css.
>>
>> The idea is clean, fast and inviting.
>>
>> Would you have a look and tell me what you think? So far the changes are effective in only the main folder, but you comments will help to decide if the site looks good enough
>> yet ;-).
>>
>> http://www.controlyourdebtcrisis.co.uk/
>>
> Joseph, I like the concept. Clean, clear and easy to navigate. ( my kind
> of page :-)   )
> Not sure if you are concerned about cross-browser compatibility, but it
> looks very different between IE7 and FF3.5 (both on WinXP SP3)
>
> I have posted screen shots to www.gandatech.com/devtalk/
> <http://www.gandatech.com/devtalk/>
>
> If I get the chance, I'll post a screen shot from IE8 for you as well.
>
> As far as the over all design, I'd say go for it.
>
> PatrickG

Thanks Patrick. I think I can live with those differences, which I assume are differences of interpretation of html. What I find more difficult is with the latest Opera, where the contents of the side boxes are not picked up at all. Other includes are there, so I have no idea what is going on. I've tried to give links in different ways, but this doesn't hold true throughout the site, nor for all the content of the side boxes.

Anyone understand Opera - or does it matter enough? [I would have thought SSI was still major enough for all browsers to be aware. All except the foot is in tables and other SSI are picked up, so that can't be Opera's problem!]

Joseph

Joseph Harris  -  Debt Control Man
author: Control Your Debt Crisis on Your Own Terms
blog: http://debtcontrolman.wordpress.com
http://www.controlyourdebtcrisis.co.uk
debt dictionary: http://www.controlyourdebtcrisis.co.uk/debtwiki/