[devtalk] mediawiki - database - text table

joseph-harris Joseph-Harris at topmail.co.uk
Mon Mar 30 21:32:21 BST 2009

I am going round in ever decreasing circles trying to find
where a great chunk of hosting space is being used. The
figures show around 350MB in the database, and that sort of
figure in the wiki _text table. I have a forum in the db
too, but no use of it yet, and no indication of taking much
space.

This is what mediawiki says on its db layout 'The text table
holds the wikitext of the individual page revisions.' Which
seems clear, but there is no sign of that text.

I expected to find the text content of the 8000+ lines
available through MySQLAdmin. But nothing seems to get me to
the text content. The space used is quite ridiculous for the
actual content, but I can proabbly only discover the culprit
by seeing the text content via the db.

If I click the text edit symbol I get a table that needs
filling in with Field [old_id, old_text, old_flags]; type;
function; null; and value, with just the id value filled.

Even so my glance down the space used by the  lines
indicates individual sizes that cannot add to 350MB or so. I
had found porn links on the main page, but no appearance of
interference anywhere else - though I may not know where to
look!

I have no hair left to tear out, so any suggestions will be
welcome ;-).

Joseph
Joseph Harris  -  Debt Control Man
author: Control Your Debt Crisis on Your Own Terms
blog: http://debtcontrolman.wordpress.com
site: http://www.controlyourdebtcrisis.co.uk
wiki: http://www.controlyourdebtcrisis.co.uk/debtwiki/
ezine: