[devtalk] IE7 bug?

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk
Thu Mar 19 17:06:34 GMT 2009

Quoting David Precious <davidp at preshweb.co.uk>:

> On 03/19/2009 04:58 PM, Malcolm Turner wrote:
>> Soon after I posted the question, I discovered the cause--but I still
>> don't understand it.
>>
>> The navigation is in a div that floats left. Any place where there
>> was text on the right that styled italic (either via stylesheet or by
>> <em></em>), the links in the navigation stopped working from that
>> point down.
>
> What the *hell*?
>
> IE's buggyness and continual crapness never ceases to astound me.

Never mind, IE8 is out today... <sigh />

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/03/19/ie_8_released/

"All sites need do - according to Microsoft at least - is complete the
relatively simply task of inserting a tag in their code in order to
render pages in IE 8's default standards mode - the new, web-standards
compatible version of IE rendering. Sites that don't insert the tag
won't render properly, and will be viewed in IE's non-standards
"compatible view" mode."

M.
--
Matthew Macdonald-Wallace