[devtalk] IE7 bug?

Malcolm Turner mturner at aph.org
Thu Mar 19 16:58:32 GMT 2009

Soon after I posted the question, I discovered the cause--but I still don't understand it.

The navigation is in a div that floats left. Any place where there was text on the right that styled italic (either via stylesheet or by <em></em>), the links in the navigation stopped working from that point down.

On the pages where the links didn't work at all, the page heading had an italic subtitle. On the pages where italic occurred further down, the links broke next to the italic text.

So my lesson for the day is to not use italics if there is a chance they might line up next to links in a floated div. :(

Thanks,
Malcolm

Malcolm Turner
APH Website Coordinator