[devtalk] [wdvltalk] New list bounces - suspected DNS problem

David Precious davidp at preshweb.co.uk
Tue Mar 17 23:46:27 GMT 2009

David Precious wrote:
> To fix this, I've added an MX record for lists.preshweb.co.uk (the CNAME
> is still there, which contravenes a "should not" in RFC 1034, but should
> not be a problem).

In hindsight, I think that's asking for trouble; it certainly seems that
BIND will ignore other record types if it sees a CNAME (which is
reasonable, seeing as RFC 1034 says that shouldn't happen).

I've dropped the CNAME, and replaced it with an A record.  Now, all
should be happy and joyful.  With that, I'm going to bed.

Cheers

Dave P