[devtalk] Adobe Air - is it safe?

David Precious dave at preshweb.co.uk
Fri Aug 28 10:23:33 BST 2009

On Wednesday 26 August 2009 17:58:53 joseph-harris wrote:
> Thanks for that Matt. I have no doubt of its value in development and from
> a website point of view. But, for a user, how dangerous is the access to
> local files?
>
> Who controls that access and how?

Well, it's as dangerous as installing a random normal application.  If you
download & install some freeware utility, it can access all the files that the
user it's been executed as has access to; same with Adobe Air, as far as I
know.

The same safe computing practices as normal apply - don't run software from
sources you don't trust.

Cheers

Dave P