[devtalk] MySQL drop table multiple

joseph-harris Joseph-Harris at topmail.co.uk
Fri Apr 3 17:28:34 BST 2009

From: "David Precious"
> On 04/03/2009 05:08 PM, joseph-harris wrote:
>> I am left wit h the option I least wanted, but that
>> always
>> seemed inevitable. So I have 50 tables to delete, all
>> starting debtwiki_ .   It seems that DROP TABLE
>> debtwiki_*;
>> is too complex.
>>
>> Is there a way to drop them in one go?
>

> Assuming they're all in a database which isn't used for
> anything else,
> 'DROP DATABASE databasename' ought to do the trick for you
> :)
>
> If they're not, then... um... why? :)

I have two sets of tables in the db; I want to get rid of
only one. I am limited to one db unless I upgrade which is
not in my current plans.

I am considering using dokuwiki since it is html based and
so not easily open to spamming as mediawiki. But sorting out
mediawiki seems a big job that I am just not able to do now.

My later post showed that MySQLAdmin provides the easy
answer; just hadn't found it.

Thanks as always David for the help.

Joseph