[dancer-users] Dancer crashing

Andrew Beverley andy at andybev.com
Thu Mar 14 18:35:08 GMT 2019

On Wed, 13 Mar 2019 08:51:04 -0700 Hermann Calabria wrote:
> > FWIW, I did notice that the crash appeared to happen because of an
> > uninitialized value. Do you have fatal warnings turned on, and could
> > that be one of the causes? I don't know, but does Dancer normally run
> > without fatal warnings, and maybe the problem you encountered wouldn't
> > normally be fatal?
>
> I don’t have fatal warnings turned on.
>
> Also, reviewing the stack trace, none of the calls appear to go through
> the app.  The only packages involved are:
>
> HTTP::Server::Simple
> Dancer::Handler::Standalone
> Dancer::Handler
> Dancer

Maybe something else has turned fatal warnings on globally, like Moo
used to do?

I don't know how else you would get the following fatal error, unless
something is actually dying with the message "Use of uninitialized
value in subroutine entry"

  Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at
  /home/hermann/perl5/perlbrew/perls/perl-5.26.2/lib/site_perl/5.26.2/HTTP/Server/Simple.pm
  line 397.

Andy