[dancer-users] New module for converting markdown files to HTML

Steve Dondley sdondley at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 00:40:41 GMT 2018

Hello Fellow Dancers,

Just wanted to announce a new module for converting markdown files to HTML.
No perl code necessary to use! Just make some entries in your config.yml
file and you are done. I think it'll be very useful. For example, you can
now just throw your copy into a repo with markdown files and clone it to
your local hard drive and you are done ever having to mess with HTML.

I has two basic modes of operation right now: convert a single markdown
file to all the markdown files in a single directory.

It can can also automatically generate a table of contents for the file
that links to the headers in the content.

I've used it to generate a pretty nifty looking tutorial. You can see it in
action here: http://208.199.27.88:5000/dzil_tutorial

It's up on CPAN here:
https://metacpan.org/pod/Dancer2::Plugin::MarkdownFilesToHTML

GitHub repo is here:
https://github.com/sdondley/Dancer2-Plugin-MarkdownFilesToHTML

I plan on making it have tight integration with GitHub in the near future.
I also plan on creating yet another local POD viewer with it as well.

I'd appreciate feedback and ideas for further improvements. Thanks!

--
Prometheus Labor Communications, Inc.
http://prometheuslabor.com

UnionConnect Phone App for Labor Unions