[dancer-users] Custom login page with Dancer2::Plugin::Auth::Extensible

Stefan Hornburg (Racke) racke at linuxia.de
Tue May 2 07:50:22 BST 2017

On 05/01/2017 09:42 AM, Nathan Bailey wrote:
> Per the
> documentation, http://search.cpan.org/~hornburg/Dancer2-Plugin-Auth-Extensible-0.703/lib/Dancer2/Plugin/Auth/Extensible.pm#SAMPLE_CONFIGURATION
> in my .yml config, I have:
> plugins:
>     Auth::Extensible:
>         # Set the view name for a custom login page, defaults to 'login'
>         login_template: login
>
> but my login page:
> get '/login' => sub {
>
>     template 'login', {
>     };
> };
>
> doesn't seem to get called.
>
> I've tried "login_template: /login" but the default login is still getting loaded.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> thanks!
> Nathan

Hello Nathan,

I think you are mixing the concepts of the login template and the login route.

This is covered here:

http://search.cpan.org/~hornburg/Dancer2-Plugin-Auth-Extensible-0.703/lib/Dancer2/Plugin/Auth/Extensible.pm#CUSTOMISING_/login_AND_/login/denied

If you just want a custom login template, don't use an extra route for login.

Regards
        Racke

Debian and Sympa administration.