[dancer-users] Dancer2 app deployment

Matthew Mallard matt at q-technologies.com.au
Tue Jan 31 10:08:57 GMT 2017

I’m not sure if anyone else is using Puppet to manage their systems, but if you do, this may be of interest to you.

I’ve written a Puppet module that installs a systemd service for Dancer2 apps (other PSGI apps should work too): https://forge.puppet.com/qtechnologies/psgi

I generally deploy my code with rsync and was using a script to start the apps, but it was starting to get messy as the number of apps grew.  This way I know the service files will be installed consistently and the app will run automatically when it’s in production.

It also fits in well my Nginx module, so a little bit of hiera data sets up Nginx proxying Dancer and using Let’s Encrypt certs.  See here if that grabs your interest too: https://forge.puppet.com/qtechnologies/nginx

Cheers,
Matt