[dancer-users] Dancer2::Plugin question

Yanick Champoux yanick at babyl.dyndns.org
Mon Jan 23 16:09:42 GMT 2017

On 2017-01-22 05:57 PM, Andrew Solomon wrote:
> I'm just catching up with the new and funky Dancer2::Plugin and I want
> to make sure I've understood the rationale of why it doesn't load
> 'strict' and 'warnings' for you like Dancer2 does.
>
> Is this because when you're writing a plugin, you're writing Perl
> rather than an application in the Dancer domain specific language?

	I like that explanation. I think I'll go with that. :-)

	For what it's worth, when I was working on the initial prototype, I
didn't do anything to load strict and warnings in the importing
namespace because, personally, I've never been a big fan of that
Moose/Moo/Dancer behavior. Had I stopped and try to lay down my
thoughts, I'd probably have come up with something close to your guess:
if you write a plugin, you're stepping behind the curtain and are
assumed to have sturdier Perl chops. In other words, the (safety) gloves
are off. :-)

Joy,
`/anick