[dancer-users] RESOLUTION: Dancer2::Plugin::LogReport - basic setup

Andrew Beverley andy at andybev.com
Tue Feb 7 11:06:03 GMT 2017

On Thu, 5 Jan 2017 Nathan Bailey <web at polynate.net> wrote:
> Hi all (especially Andy :-)

Sorry for the delay on this Nathan.

> What are you supposed to put in your non-main route handlers?
> use Dancer2::Plugin::LogReport mode => 'DEBUG'; (like main route
> handler); OR
> use Log::Report; (like other modules)

I can now say that it /should/ be the same as any other route handlers.
So wherever you have:

  use Dancer2;

You should also have:

  use Dancer2::Plugin::LogReport ...

Although if you're using the same appname (appname => ...) then you
only need to use Log::Report.

The reason being that otherwise the required logging hook isn't
inserted into that particular app.

However, there is a problem with the way the current version of the
plugin works, which means that the correct DSL isn't always available
to it. This will cause some unexpected behaviour. I'm working on a fix
at the moment.

Andy