[dancer-users] Converting from Dancer2::Logger::Syslog to Dancer2::Logger::LogReport

Andrew Beverley andy at andybev.com
Mon Feb 6 09:23:45 GMT 2017

On Mon, 6 Feb 2017 Clive Eisen <clive at hildebrand.co.uk> wrote:
> > On 6 Feb 2017, at 08:01, Andrew Beverley <andy at andybev.com> wrote:
> That would be perfect - basically Dancer2::Logger::Syslog no longer
> passes it’s build test with ‘newer perls’. I belive this has been
> reported to you.

Yes, sorry, and syspete has even done me a patch...

> So a plugin replacement - oh yes please

No problem, I will aim to look at both of these today.

Incidentally, you do gain a whole bunch of functionality
with ::LogReport over ::Syslog. I created the former after finding the
latter quite limited.

Do shout if you have any general logging questions, and I'll see if I
can come up with some use-cases (it's always more interesting looking
at practical examples, instead of "here's a list of things you can do").

Andy