[dancer-users] tt tags

Kadir Beyazlı kadirbeyazli at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 22:06:07 GMT 2016

Hi Rick,

On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 4:04 PM, Rick Leir <richard.leir at canadiana.ca> wrote:

> There was a thread on this back in November:
> http://lists.preshweb.co.uk/pipermail/dancer-users/2015-November/005294.html
> http://lists.preshweb.co.uk/pipermail/dancer-users/2015-November/005297.html
>
> This is what I need in config.yml to make it work (is there a simpler way?):
> template:   "template_toolkit"
> charset: UTF-8
> engines:
>     template:
>         template_toolkit:
>           ENCODING: utf8
>           INCLUDE_PATH: 'views'
>           start_tag: '[%'
>           end_tag:   '%]'
>           WRAPPER: layouts/emails.tt
>
> In a pm:
>     my $email_body = template(
>          'emails/activate.tt',
>         \%fields,
>     );
>
> In a tt:
> [% FILTER html_para %]
> Bonjour / Hello [% name %]

   [KB] I know that start and end tags of template toolkit can be
defined at config.yml but my problem is that .tt file does not accept
the tags I defined at config.yml. I defined as follow.

 template: "template_toolkit"
engines:
  template:
    template_toolkit:
      start_tag: '<%'
      end_tag:   '%>'

And at .tt file I use as follow :

<% order %>

But .tt file is still accepting '[%' and '%]'. I am triyng to
understand answer of this issue.
I checked my .pm files whether I overrided template tookit parameters
but I did not see any code related with it.

Ant the strange thing is that my code was working (accepting tags '<%'
and '%>') 2 weeks ago. I only updated my Ubuntu operating system,
upgraded Dancer2 from 061 to 066 and this occurred. I realized that at
new Daner2 version, TemplateToolkit.pm changed, so I turned back to
old version thinking this caused problem but it is still same.

> On Sun, Jan 17, 2016 at 7:00 AM, <dancer-users-request at dancer.pm> wrote:
>
>> From: Kadir Beyazl? <kadirbeyazli at gmail.com>
>> On Sat, Jan 16, 2016 at 1:09 AM, Kadir Beyazl? <kadirbeyazli at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I checked from following article that config.yml is correct for template
>> > toolkit parameters:
>> >

>> > http://search.cpan.org/~xsawyerx/Dancer2-0.157001/lib/Dancer2/Manual/Migration.pod
>> >
>> > Why does not my code use '<%' and '%>' tags although they are defined at
>> > config.yml?
>> > It is working by using default tags '[%' '%]'.  I am writing config.yml
>> > content again:
>> >
>> > template: "template_toolkit"
>> > engines:
>> >   template: