[dancer-users] Default config for DPAE::Provider::DBIC

Andrew Beverley andy at andybev.com
Wed Jan 13 09:44:22 GMT 2016

Dear all,

I'm in the process of improving the docs for
Dancer2::Plugin::Auth::Extensible::Provider::DBIC, and have just
realised that I chose some poor defaults for the configuration.

I'd like to fix this, but I realise that it has the potential to break
people's code. I'd like to get a feel for whether anyone actually uses
the defaults though, to see whether this is likely to be a problem. I
suspect that nobody will be using the defaults, hence the desire to
change them.

The 3 settings are "users_table", "roles_table" and "user_roles_table".
The defaults are currently "users", "roles" and "user_roles", but I
would like to change them to "user", "role" and "user_role"
respectively. This would bring them into line with standard DBIC naming
practices (they are actually lower case versions of the resultset).

The names of these keys are misleading, but that is another topic of
conversation.

Any thoughts welcome,

Andy