[dancer-users] Basic authentication and Dancer

WK wanradt at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 22:37:18 GMT 2016

> I hope I'm not oversimplifying, but can't one set
>     session user => $username;
> when it is validated and refer to it as
>     session('user')
> later?

Of course, it would be obvious way, if I could initialize $username
from somewhere...

But I think I am approaching to solution somehow and try to make some test.

Problem: I don't want to use Plack::Middleware::Auth::Basic as
authenticator, because the authenticator mechanism is already set
inside Apache.

Idea for solution: if I understand correctly, ::Auth::Basic sets
user-value inside Dancer's request object and if I should be able to
read username inside authenticator-callback. Then I could return true
if REMOTE_USER is set and false otherwise...

I try it and let you know.

Thank you for your hints anyway

--

Wbr,