[dancer-users] Template Toolkit Help

Richard Reina gatorreina at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 15:56:13 BST 2015

> On Mon, 2015-09-21 at 13:09 -0500, Richard Reina wrote:
> > I have learned how to display variables in template toolkit with <%
> > varname %>. However, these variables are being named from withing my
> > dancer app and displayed on the template. Is there a way to display
> > variables that a user is entering as they are entering it.
>
> Not as part of TT - that all happens server side.
>
> >  So that if I have a menu like form where a user can pick several
> > items and see them each added one by one in a list format before
> > pressing a second submit button that submits his entire lists of
> > entries? It would be a bit like a shopping cart but instead of the
> > items being put in the cart they are displayed right there in the form
> > as they are added.
>
> In which case you have 2 options:
>
> 1. Process it client-side with javascript (not recommended)
> 2. Make each "addition" a new request, and store server-side

Hi Andy,

So if I have the users choices (that I want to re-display as a list) coming
back in the POST. Once I have turned them into a session variable what is
the best way to re-request the page? Should I just do a redirect or would
some other method be better?

post '/featadd' => sub { # let user enter info

      my $input_hash = {

      game_id => param('game_id'),
      spsrd_chlg_id => param('spsrd_chlg_id'),
      period => param('period'),

      };

      session list_hash => $input_hash;

};

#re-request the page and display list_hash ??