[dancer-users] Dancer2::Plugin::Database side effects?

Mike Cu mike_cu80 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 23 12:28:07 BST 2015

I've replaced all my
$dbh = DBI->connect, $sth    = $dbh->prepare calls with
the Dancer2::Plugin::Database equivalents
Before that, when there was interaction with the UI, I would explicitly connect, run all my sql and then disconnect, on every Ajax call .

After I switched to Dancer2::Plugin::Database,I have to do the same interaction, for example, clicking a button which invokes an Ajax call which in turn calls the database retrieving the new data and updates the UI, does not have an immediate effect ,the UI is not being updated. So I have to do the same move (click a second time) for getting the desirable outcome

Has that something to do with caching and reusing the connection?