[dancer-users] Email invitations tool.

Andrew Beverley andy at andybev.com
Sun Sep 13 21:58:31 BST 2015

On Sat, 2015-09-12 at 09:04 -0500, Richard Reina wrote:
> Does anyone know if a tool or plugin exists that allows a user to send
> email invitations ( from a dancer site ) to friends in their email
> address list similar to the way linkedin does?

I would have thought that this is too custom to an app for there to be a
specific plugin. In terms of sending the email, you could use the
Emailesque plugin, although personally I prefer to just send directly
using Mail::Message.

A plain text email is very simple, but I guess you'd probably want to
send HTML, in which case you do something like this:

    my $parts = [
        Mail::Message::Body::String->new(
            mime_type   => 'text/plain',
            disposition => 'inline',
            data        => "plain text message",
        ),
        Mail::Message::Body::String->new(
            mime_type   => 'text/html',
            disposition => 'inline',
            data        => "<p>HTML message</p>",
        ),
    ];

    Mail::Message->build(
        To             => 'recipient at domain.com'
        Subject        => 'Hello there',
        From           => 'email at example.com',
        'Content-Type' => 'multipart/alternative'
        attach         => $parts,
    )->send(via => sendmail);