[dancer-users] articles for doco

Rick Leir richard.leir at canadiana.ca
Mon Oct 26 15:02:19 GMT 2015

On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 8:00 AM, <dancer-users-request at dancer.pm> wrote:

> Google Analytics of http://advent.perldancer.org/ tells me that most of
> the
> month the site gets about 1500-1800 visits / month
> In December 2013 it got 3500 visits, in December 2014 it got 4,400 visits.
> The http://perldancer.org/ site gets about 7-8,000 visits / month.

The perldancer hits include people who are curious and stay for less than a
minute.  The Advent hits might be more important, with people needing deep
understanding, and thinking about the content (or not!). I suspect that hit
counts do not tell us much. Do you know how long people stay on an Advent
page? How many are referred from Google vs someones blog vs organic
(bookmarks, or the address bar)?

Yes, we need better doco at all levels: intro, reference, advanced usage.
The Advent concept works great for intro and beyond. And writers might be
more motivated to do an Advent article, rather than adding to Pod Manuals.
Cheers
Rick