[dancer-users] Authentication Question

Kadir Beyazlı kadirbeyazli at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 14:43:07 BST 2015

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 3:29 PM, Richard Reina <gatorreina at gmail.com> wrote:

>> On Wed, 2015-10-21 at 19:04 -0500, Richard Reina wrote:
>> > Can I forgoe more formal and extensive authentication in my case?
>>
>> Yes, but it would still be easier for you to use a plugin, such as
>> Dancer2::Plugin::Auth::Extensible or Dancer2::Plugin::Auth::Tiny
>>
>> In the case of the former, all you need is as follows. It will even
>> generate the login and logout routes:
>>

>> use Dancer2::Plugin::Auth::Extensible;
>>
>> get '/restricted' => require_login sub {
>> }
>>
>> plugins:
>>     Auth::Extensible:
>>         realms:
>>             config:
>>                 provider: Config
>>                 users:
>>                     - user: andy
>>                       pass: secret # or encrypted

> Thanks Andy. I intend on adopting D2 Auth:Extensible in the future especially, when I begin to have the need for roles. Appreciate the advice.

Another option is using a hook which is also mentioned at link :
https://metacpan.org/pod/Dancer2::Manual

hook before => sub {
    if (!session('user') && request->dispatch_path !~ m{^/login}) {
        # Pass the original path requested along to the handler:
        forward '/login', { requested_path => request->dispatch_path };
    }
};

At each request, hook will be executed and check if user is registered or not.

But at your application, if there are some pages which can be visited
without registration, it is needed use plugin offered by Andrew.

Kadir Beyazlı
Computer Engineer
GSM : +90 535 821 50 00