[dancer-users] Stored XSS via AJAX

Amelia Ireland aireland at lbl.gov
Fri Oct 9 17:33:20 BST 2015

Hi Mike,

These XSS attacks are Javascript-based, which means they operate on the
user's browser. Dancer runs on the server and is written in Perl, so XSS
attacks written to take advantage of the Javascript 'eval' command would
have no effect on your Dancer app. Wikipedia has a useful article about XSS
that should help clear up the confusion:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-site_scripting