[dancer-users] starman config

Rick Leir richard.leir at canadiana.ca
Wed Nov 4 14:38:09 GMT 2015

> I've found this is a good gentle starting point for Starman,
> http://perlmaven.com/getting-started-with-perl-dancer-on-digital-ocean
<http://perlmaven.com/getting-started-with-perl-dancer-on-digital-ocean>

Maybe it could be simpler, this works for us with Ubuntu Upstart, sysv
init.d would be similar in intent:

$ more /etc/apache2/sites-available/carillon.conf
<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName example.ca

    ServerAdmin webmaster at example.ca

    # alert, emerg.
    LogLevel warn
    ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/error.log
    CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/access.log combined

    # Send everything else to  (Dancer2)
    ProxyPass        /     http://127.0.0.1:5018/
    ProxyPassReverse /     http://127.0.0.1:5018/
</VirtualHost>

$ more /etc/init/example.conf

description     "Ex service (directory, etc)"

# Start when we get the 'filesystem' event, presumably once the file
# systems are mounted. Stop when shutting down.
start on filesystem
stop on runlevel S

respawn
respawn limit 10 5
umask 022
env PERL5LIB=/opt/example/lib
chdir /opt/example
setuid examp
exec /opt/example/bin/starman -E production bin/app.psgi --port 5018
--host 127.0.0.1 --workers 8

On Wed, Nov 4, 2015 at 7:00 AM, <dancer-users-request at dancer.pm> wrote:

goal.  For me, the next cliff is the leap to Starman deployments.
> It's yet another layer to learn and control for a deployment.
>
> John

Cheers
--
Rick