[dancer-users] My Second [or so] Dancer Project: a Server for AJAX Requests for Testing JS Code

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Sat May 30 19:57:17 BST 2015

Hi all,

I hereby would like to announce the successful completion of my second (or so)
Dancer project:

https://bitbucket.org/shlomif/fc-solve/src/f1b428dec2cdecd547264a79cd4c2db85991e12b/fc-solve/site/http-services/ajax-fc-solve--dancer1/Games-FC_Solve-AJAX-Service/?at=master

(Short URL - http://is.gd/URhahd ).

What it does is provide a server for AJAX requests of command lines whose
functionality was duplicated in JavaScript code and which I wanted to
test that it yielded identical results to the original code. The AJAX requests
were consumed by jQuery and compared against the results from the JS code.

Here is the test case that uses that:

https://bitbucket.org/shlomif/fc-solve/src/f1b428dec2cdecd547264a79cd4c2db85991e12b/fc-solve/site/wml/src/js/web-fc-solve--expand-moves--mega-test.js?at=master

(short URL - http://is.gd/Uj3JTR ).

I originally wanted to use Dancer2, but then realised that
https://metacpan.org/pod/Dancer2::Plugin::REST became broken recently (or at
least failed its tests), so I opted for using Dancer1 instead whose
Dancer::Plugin::REST is working fine. After that, a Dancer developer told me
that he feels that Dancer2::Plugin::REST does not give too much, and that I
could have avoided it. Oh well.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish