[dancer-users] Session management

Zahir Lalani ZahirLalani at oliver-marketing.com
Thu May 21 10:44:24 BST 2015

Hi

I am wondering if anyone has a specific pattern they use for session data.

The issue we are already having is that developers are adding session data in the controller layer, but since we have some 20 controllers, session data is managed across these modules. However, the question now comes as to how we now what our session store looks like overall – the danger being one developer will create a duplicate store in the session.

I thought of creating a Moo object which is then self-documenting, and would push this into the session but realised you are then pushing a large block of data each time rather than just the few values a particular module needs.

How are others dealing with documenting the data in a session?