[dancer-users] Memory use of Dancer2 running under Starman

Andrew Beverley andy at andybev.com
Thu Mar 19 11:42:23 GMT 2015

On Thu, 2015-03-19 at 11:35 +0000, Andrew Solomon wrote:
> I've got about the same memory usage per starman process.

Thanks Andrew, that's good to know.

>  FWIW I keep different apps on different (smaller) servers. The
> pricing is comparable and I feel it's easier to upgrade/install Perl
> modules for one app without worrying about the impact on the other
> ones.

Yeah, fair one, good point. What I should have said is that it's
actually the same app duplicated (one for each customer), but each one
running in its entirely own instance for security and scalability
reasons.

Most of the time it's only one customer using a single app at any one
time. Therefore, the only resource limitation is the RAM, so I was
looking for ways to work around this. It would be interesting to see how
it works with a decent-sized swap space, so maybe I should move to
another provider and/or use a dedicated server.

Thanks,

Andy