[dancer-users] Adding dancer2 to an existing web site.

hvo.pm at xs4all.nl hvo.pm at xs4all.nl
Thu Jul 16 15:58:31 BST 2015

On Thu, 16 Jul 2015, Andrew Beverley wrote:

> The easiest way to use Dancer with Apache is via FastCGI:
>
> https://metacpan.org/pod/Dancer::Deployment#Running-as-a-cgi-script-or-fast-cgi

That link points to the RewriteEngine version.
I use:
   ScriptAlias /myapp /path/to/myapp/bin/dispatch.fcgi

Note:
- dispatch.fcgi is NOT in the document root
- Do NOT detach
-- in dispatch.fcgi
-- my $server = Plack::Handler::FCGI->new(nproc => 1, detach => 0);
- Running the same code as stand-alone for testing needs some tweeks

I have a scriptalias in my config.yml scriptalias: "/myapp"
and a plugin that exports the DSL keyword scriptalias

if (setting('environment') eq 'production') {
     load_app 'Subapp', prefix => '/subapp';
} else {
     load_app 'Subapp', prefix => scriptalias . '/subapp';
}

Mmm, maybe overkill...
setting some $scriptalias can construct a prefix "$scriptalias/subapp"

Running 'perl bin/app.pl' just works.

One can use this to slowly convert

   /cgi-bin/subapp1.pl
   /cgi-bin/subapp2.pl