[dancer-users] Adding dancer2 to an existing web site.

Andrew Beverley andy at andybev.com
Thu Jul 16 14:57:17 BST 2015

On Thu, 2015-07-16 at 08:05 -0500, Tom Browder wrote:
> On Jul 16, 2015 6:56 AM, "Clive Eisen" <clive at hildebrand.co.uk> wrote:
> > > 2. What is recommended as the best way to deploy dancer2 under
> > > Apache 2.4?
> > >
> > Run Dancer under starman or whatever
> >
> > proxy from apache to starman one call at a time as you are happy with it
> > When all done - remove apache and use nginx as the proxy ;-)
>
> Hm, I have a lot invested in my Apache configuration, and I love its
> virtual host handling.  I tried nginx some time ago and I'm not sure it can
> do all I need to do with client certificate handling (and the docs left a
> lot to be desired). But I'm open to a rethink.

The easiest way to use Dancer with Apache is via FastCGI:

https://metacpan.org/pod/Dancer::Deployment#Running-as-a-cgi-script-or-fast-cgi
-under-Apache

Note that for 2.4 you will need:

    Require all granted

Instead of:

    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all

There are some occasions when you might want to use Apache as a proxy to Starman
instead, but for most use-cases FastCGI is easier and quicker.

MST has a good little blog about deploying web apps in general:

http://shadow.cat/blog/matt-s-trout/mstpan-2/

Andy