[dancer-users] Dancer2 and HTTPS

dancer.to.davies at spamgourmet.com dancer.to.davies at spamgourmet.com
Fri Jan 16 17:32:48 GMT 2015

I am trying to teach myself web programming with Dancer2. I have an
application in mind that would be (I think) better with as much security
as I can arrange, to which end I am trying to understand HTTPS. I would
have expected this to be a common thing to want, but the only docs I can
find are
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22974113/how-do-i-setup-my-server-with-https-and-perl-dancer-as-a-standalone-server
and the links given there. Unfortunately. this seems to refer to Dancer1
rather than Dancer2 and Dancer::Plugin::RequireSSL seems to be
redirection only rather than something that generates a secure web page.
Can Dancer2 create secure web pages? If not, are there any plans for
this? Where I have written about how things "seem", have I understood
correctly? Are there any docs that might help me?

TIA & regards,

John Davies