[dancer-users] D2 compatibility with Perl 5.8

Warren Young wyml at etr-usa.com
Thu Dec 31 15:20:52 GMT 2015

On Dec 30, 2015, at 3:35 AM, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) <racke at linuxia.de> wrote:

>> you have always the choice to install a custom Perl on these boxes.

The supported way to do that on RHEL type OSes wasn’t added until CentOS 6.5, which comes with Perl 5.10 already.

Prior to that, you have to either:

1. Find a third-party RPM and hope for the best.  (Not exactly a production-grade solution!)

2. Use PerlBrew or similar, which largely defeats the purpose of using a stable Linux like CentOS in the first place.  If we wanted to build platform software from source, we’d be on Arch or Gentoo.

I think we’re either going to have to hold off on D2 for some time, or as you say, try to get the Xslate plugin backported to 5.8.