[dancer-users] Dancer2::Plugin::Auth::Extensible problem - likely me

John Stoffel john at stoffel.org
Fri Dec 4 21:37:06 GMT 2015

I'm trying to play with Authentication in Dancer2, and I can't get the
dang example from Gabor at his blog
(http://perlmaven.com/password-protecting-web-pages-in-dancer2) to
run, it keeps giving me the following error:

   No Auth::Extensible realms configured with which to authenticate user
   at /home/stoffj/perl5/perlbrew/perls/perl-5.14.2/lib/site_perl/5.14.2/Dancer2/Plugin/Auth/Extensible.pm
   line 1160.  HTTP::Server::PSGI: Accepting connections at http://0:5000/

And I'm going a little crazy.  I'm using a perlbrew interpretter on
CentOS 6.7, runnning perl 5.14.2, with all the latest modules
installed.

>From looking at the Extensible.pm file, it's warning from the
on_plugin_import() sub where it's looking for Realms.

I've got the following config.yml file setup:

    show_errors: 1
    session: "YAML"
    logger: console
    log: core

    plugins:
        Auth::Extensible:
                realms:
                    config:
                        provider: Config
                        users:
                           - user: 'foo'
                             pass: 'bar'
                             name: 'George Foo'
                             roles:
                                 - Marketing
                           - user: 'bar'
                             pass: 'foo'
                             name: 'George Bar'
                             roles:
                              - Testing
                              - Marketing
                              - Management

And my app.pl looks like this:

    #!perl
    #

    use strict;
    use Dancer2;
    use Dancer2::Plugin::Auth::Extensible;

    get '/' => sub {
      return 'This is a public page. Everyone can see it. Check out the <a
      href="/report">report</a>';
      };

    get '/report' => require_role Marketing => sub {
      return 'Only authenticated users should be able to see this page';
      };

    dance;

And I'm invoking it like this:

    ~/tmp/Dancer2> ../../perl5/perlbrew/perls/perl-5.14.2/bin/plackup -R . app.pl
    Watching . ./lib app.pl for file updates.
    No Auth::Extensible realms configured with which to authenticate user at /home/stoffj/perl5/perlbrew/perls/perl-5.14.2/lib/site_perl/5.14.2/Dancer2/Plugin/Auth/Extensible.pm line 1160.
    HTTP::Server::PSGI: Accepting connections at http://0:5000/

So does anyone see what I'm going wrong here?

Thanks,
John