[dancer-users] Getting Value of nested hash attributes -- HASH confusion

Richard Reina gatorreina at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 23:53:51 BST 2015

> On Mon, 2015-08-31 at 16:37 -0500, Richard Reina wrote:
> [...]
>
> So, the name of the input parameter is an ID number.
>
> > However, after getting the template to work I am once again stumped in
> how
> > to capture the value of the dynamically named hash ref
>
> In which case it will be returned as a scalar using param():
>
>     my $value = param( $key );
>
> Which will return, for example, "7", if that is what is in the textbox.
>
> >     foreach my $key ( keys %$Chlngs ) {
> >       print "Checking Chlgs: " . $key . " for value.\n";
> >       if ( param( $key ) ) { # paramter has value
> >           #$input_hash->{ $key } = $Chlngs->{ $key };
> >           $input_hash->{ $key } = param( $key );
>
>                ^^ So just capture the value here, but just in a scalar
> Is there a reason for using a hash?

No, no good reason to be using a hash. Been hammering so much that I forgot
that everything looks like a nail. Thank you for pointing out that I don't
need a hash here. What a relief.

my $value = param( $key ) is exactly what I needed. Thank you once again.
I will someday need to fly to London and buy you several pints!

Richard