[dancer-users] How do I call a script from a template?

John J. McDermott, CPLP jjm at jkintl.com
Wed Apr 29 23:12:00 BST 2015

In a template I invoke (successfully) from a Dancer2 path I have some
jquery that works outside Dancer2:
$.post('/data1.pl',data,function(returnData){
        $('#func').html(returnData)

This code calls data1.pl and stuff its output into the div func.

I know data1.pl works in a non-Dancer2 environment. But I cannot figure
out where to put data1.pl so it can be run from the template. I tried
just putting it in the dancer public (where the css folder, dispatch.cgi
and such are), but that didn't work. I tried even to run it from the
browser command line and the browser wants to download it. The directory
has +ExecCGI and Dancer2 runs.

Where should I put this file and what must I do so I can run it?
Thanks!
--john
--
John J. McDermott, CPLP