[dancer-users] random web page breakages

Andrew Solomon andrew at geekuni.com
Tue Apr 28 07:16:56 BST 2015

I'm a bit confused here. When should we use
https://metacpan.org/pod/Dancer2::Plugin::Database and when should we use
https://metacpan.org/pod/DBIx::Connector ?

Unless I've missed something it looks as though Dancer2::Plugin::Database
doesn't depend on DBIx::Connector - what's the reason for that?

Andrew

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 1:04 AM, Russell Jenkins <
russell.jenkins at strategicdata.com.au> wrote:

> On 27/04/2015 3:39 am, Nikos Vaggalis wrote:
>
>> Is that indicating a global DBI handle that is reused and cleaned up at
>> some time, having to do with Starman's preforking? The thing is that in my
>> Model I initialize the database and statement handles within the subs scope
>> and not globally.
>>
>> DBD:mysql 4.031
>> DBI 1.633
>>

> If you are doing the database connection management yourself, I strongly
> suggest you look at DBIx::Connector.
> Its fork (and thread) safe, so you don't have to worry about such issues :)
>

> Hope that helps,
>   Russell.

Andrew Solomon

Mentor at Geekuni http://geekuni.com/