[dancer-users] random web page breakages

Warren Young wyml at etr-usa.com
Mon Apr 27 15:38:55 BST 2015

On Apr 26, 2015, at 3:56 AM, Nikos Vaggalis <nikos.vaggalis at gmail.com> wrote:

> When that happens I get the following in the DBI trace log :
>
> "
> <-- dbd_st_finish
> 1   <- fetch= ( undef ) [1 items] row1 at /home/starman/perl5/perlbrew/perls/perl-5.18.1/lib/site_perl/5.18.1/x86_64-linux/DBD/mysql.pm line 867 via  at

This code is pretty clear about the problem being in the DBI MySQL driver, not in Dancer, so why are you posting here?

The only Dancer-related thing I could suggest would be to run the app in Development mode: warnings turn into errors, you get stack traces on the screen when it happens, etc.

At the very least, this will help you trace the MySQL error back to the line of code you wrote that causes it.

You might get a trap earlier in your code if you’re doing something like making use of an uninitialized variable, which is what is causing the MySQL driver to fail in turn.