[dancer-users] Session Management with memcached in Dancer1

Tushar Dave tushardave26 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 15:33:48 BST 2015

Hello All,

I am trying to learn session management in Dancer. I have consulted
Dancer::Session documentation for the same. The document recommends to use
memcached server for production and YAML or Simple for development. My
question is specifically related to memcached server. Do I need to setup
the memcached server on the system before using Dancer::Session::Memcached?
Also, what does this "/var/sock/memcached" mean in the
Dancer::Session::Memcached documentation (I believe it is the default
location of memcached server after installation on local system)?

I am sorry if my question is to silly. But I am trying to understand the
right procedure.

Thanks for the help.

Best,
Tushar Dave