[dancer-users] Looking for a developer...

Mike Schroeder mike at nimbusrecording.com
Wed Sep 10 19:39:41 BST 2014

Hi all - I've been using Dancer for years and have watched this list for
years - thank you to everyone for a great framework.

In my new role at a new company (an audio engineering and production
school), I searched for an off the shelf system to do what I wanted, and
finally gave up and wrote my own.  Dancer, Rose::DB::Object, Bootstrap and
MySQL - amazing what you can do in 3-4 months of spare time :)

The project is up and in production, running well, and now we are wanting
to add more features, etc.  I am too busy doing my real job (CEO) to have
the time to do the development work on the system.

I'm looking for someone who can can SSH into our servers from anywhere,
work within my existing architecture to extend and add features, refactor
some of my prototype code (it's not horrible, but I know it could be
better), and help move the project forward.

The ideal candidate would have experience with Dancer, Rose::DB::Object,
Bootstrap and MySQL.  There is also a POE-based daemon using
Rose::DB::Object running alongside for long-running asynchronous job
handling, so POE experience would be helpful as well.

This is not a full-time job - more project based work to add new features,
etc.  I expect to keep building this out over the next year, so I'm looking
for a good long term partner to work with. I'm ok with different timezones,
as long as we can find some common time for Skype etc. (I'm in Vancouver,
so Pacific Timezone).

If you are interested, you can send an email to mike at nimbusrecording dot
com.  Let me know your experience and expectations for payment.

Thanks all - I really appreciate the Dancer community and what it allows us
all to create.

Best,

Mike.