[dancer-users] Example of pagination with DBIC?

John Stoffel john at stoffel.org
Thu Oct 16 21:55:00 BST 2014

Jacques> No. It's just more RESTful. I mainly build API with Dancer,
Jacques> so I tend to follow a RESTful design.

I'm familiar with RESTful ideas, just haven't made it work for me yet,
but I'm not a programmer by trade and this is my side hobby at
points.  So I really do appreciate all your help here.

Jacques> GET is used to list/query a collection and also retreive an object
Jacques> POST is used to create an object into a collection.
Jacques> PUT to update an object
Jacques> DELETE to delete an object

Yup, makes sense.

Jacques> Since you are quering a collection, I'd suggest using GET.

Ok, so how would you save the query parameters so that each time you
page through the results, they get submitted cleanly?  I'm looking at
various simple pagination libs now to take the next step here.  And
looking at the 'bootstrap' framework to make it look pretty.

I've got bigger problems down the line, since I will need to replace a
big date library and calendar generation library written in PHP if I
want to move forward for one existing DB I offer searches for.  But
that's not hear nor there.  Let me get the basics working better
first.