[dancer-users] Standards of Conduct

Sawyer X xsawyerx at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 01:40:42 BST 2014

As part of the latest Dancer2 release, and part of the upcoming Dancer
release, we have added our policy document, which currently indicates our
Standards of Conduct.

The Standards of Conduct are the standards by which we behave with each
other in the community. These are the standards by which we hold each other
accountable.

We promote the Dancer community as a safe space for everyone. We promote
self-awareness, consideration, and self-regulation.

We are very strict with our policy and will make sure to enforce it in
every realm in which the community comes together. This includes the
mailing list, our IRC channel, and Dancer conferences.

Please let us know if any issue comes up. We're always here.

I'm including the entire text here, in its current released version as of
this date, but you can find it at Dancer::Policy
<https://metacpan.org/pod/release/YANICK/Dancer-1.3131_1/lib/Dancer/Policy.pod>
and Dancer2::Policy
<https://metacpan.org/pod/distribution/Dancer2/lib/Dancer2/Policy.pod>.

Sawyer,
The Dancer Core Devs.

STANDARDS OF CONDUCT
    These standards applies anywhere the community comes together as a
    group. This includes, but is not limited to, the Dancer IRC channel, the
    Dancer mailing list, Dancer hackathons, and Dancer conferences.

    *   Always be civil.

    *   Heed the moderators.

    *   Abuse is not tolerated.

    Civility is simple: stick to the facts while avoiding demeaning remarks
    and sarcasm. It is not enough to be factual. You must also be civil.
    Responding in kind to incivility is not acceptable.

    If the list moderators tell you that you are not being civil, carefully
    consider how your words have appeared before responding in any way. You
    may protest, but repeated protest in the face of a repeatedly reaffirmed
    decision is not acceptable.

    Unacceptable behavior will result in a public and clearly identified
    warning. Repeated unacceptable behavior will result in removal from the
    mailing list and revocation of any commit bit. The first removal is for
    one month. Subsequent removals will double in length. After six months
    with no warning, a user's ban length is reset. Removals, like warnings,
    are public.

    The list of moderators consists of all active core developers. This
    includes, in alphabetical order, Alberto Simões, David Precious, Mickey
    Nasriachi, Russell Jenkins, Sawyer X, Stefan Hornburg (Racke), Steven
    Humphrey, and Yanick Champoux.

    This list might additionally grow to active members of the community who
    have stepped up to help handle abusive behavior. If this should happen,
    this document would be updated to include their names.

    Additionally, it's important to understand the self-regulating nature we
    foster at the Dancer community. This means anyone and everyone in the
    community - in the channel, on the list, at an event - has the ability
    to call out unacceptable behavior and incivility to others in the
    community.

    Moderators are responsibe for issuing warnings and take disciplenary
    actions, but anyone may - and is encouraged - to publicly make note of
    unacceptable treatment of others.

    As a core principle, abuse is never tolerated. One cannot berate,
    insult, debase, deride, put-down, or vilify anyone, or act towards
    anyone in a way intending to hurt them.

    The community specifically considers as abuse any attempts to otherize
    anyone, whether by their technical skill, knowledge, gender, sexual
    orientation, or any other characteristic.

    The community aims to maintain a safe space for everyone, in any forum
    it has. If you ever feel this core principle has been compromised, you
    are strongly urged to contact a moderator. We are always here.

    Remember, this is your community, as much as it is anyone else's.

CREDITS
    This policy has been adopted and adapted from the policy available for
    the Perl language development, provided by p5p (the Perl 5 Porters).

    The original inspiration policy document can be read at perlpolicy.