[dancer-users] Flexible credentials with Dancer::Plugin::Database

Lutz Gehlen lrg_ml at gmx.net
Sun May 4 08:19:04 BST 2014

Hi Nick,
thanks for your reply.

On Saturday 03.05.2014 22:44:23 Nick Knutov wrote:
> The good way is to use different environments (with different passwords)
> and use config.yml only for common params.

I had thought about environments, too. However, it looks like you can only
load one environment file, or am I wrong? So I would have to duplicate the
db settings in my current development.yml and production.yml and moreover
would have to exlude those files from version control.

I had hoped that there would be a way to modularize the config further in
order to keep just the database settings or ideally just the login details
in a separate file.

In case this is not possible, am I approaching this issue in a completely
wrong way? How does everyone else handle different database credentials on
different machines?

Thanks a lot,
Lutz