[dancer-users] Doc bug: params() return value

Maxwell Carey mcarey at ucar.edu
Fri May 2 21:33:40 BST 2014

On 05/02/2014 01:03 PM, Warren Young wrote:
> This page claims params() returns a hashref, always:
>
>     https://metacpan.org/pod/Dancer::Request#params

There is no #params anchor on that page, so I'm not sure what you're
looking at.

> Not true.  It only does so in scalar context.  Thus:
>
>     myfunction(params);
>
> will pass myfunction a hash which gets flattened to an array, not a
> hashref.  The fix is myfunction(scalar params);

This is documented under
https://metacpan.org/pod/Dancer::Request#params-source, as you noted.
Since that is the only section related to params on the entire page, I
don't see the issue.

> Also, this link from that section:
>
>     https://metacpan.org/pod/Dancer::Request#params-source
>
> is missing the "-source" bit at the end.

I see "-source" right there in the link:
https://metacpan.org/pod/Dancer::Request#params-source. Am I missing
something? I must be looking at a completely different page than you
are. Or maybe I've just had too much to drink ;)