[dancer-users] What can you do in the before hook? - Where is the documentation?

Gabor Szabo gabor at szabgab.com
Fri Mar 28 15:26:01 GMT 2014

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 5:26 PM, Warren Young <warren at etr-usa.com> wrote:
> On 3/27/2014 10:08, Gabor Szabo wrote:
>>

>> I was looking to set a catch-all route that will show "site is closed
>

> It is usually better to do such things in your reverse proxy or load
> balancing layers, because one of the reasons the site can be closed is that
> the web app is not running.
>
> For example, if you're putting nginx in front of Dancer, you'd want to have
> an alternate configuration set up that let you switch the Dancer proxy stuff
> out for static content that appears no matter what URL was given on the
> site.

I think you are right in a "normal" situation, but in my case I just
have a Starman
instance running this thing. An internal app which is in development.
Of course I could have a separate app.psgi file just to show "site is closed".
That's probably what I am going to do. Thanks.

Nevertheless, the question still stands: What can one do in the before
hook and where is that documented?

Gabor